Tuesday, January 23, 2007

untitled

Mass confusion
The search for absolution
Staring into the eyes of redemption
I receive her blessing and continue my transgressions.
Guzzling communion wine
Unaware that I am doing time
In the prison of the mind.
I gaze at the moon and listen to its rhyme
As is glistens and it shines.
I provide substantial examples
Of what it means to battle with anvils
And medieval axes.
Grown man tactics
No pediatrics
Infants receive the blacklist from fascists brandishing automatics
My foe hides behind a mask, a plastic image
Melted swiftly with flames that cannot be extinguished
I watch them flicker and dance
I deliver and grant
Clemency to enemies
Unaware that they are endlessly
Enslaved to commonplace tendencies
Of the past few centuries
I diverge from my pedigree
Previous trends and methods
That I reject and discredit
An exquisite exhibit of explicit slick tips I issue to misfits
Rambunctious little hoodlums
Dedicated Muslims
Jews and Christians
Different schools of religion
Share the same prophets
But clerics only harp upon the toxic topics
Diluting the meaning
With their hooting and screaming
Blood spilling and killing
Claiming they are fulfilling
The work of God?

I am losing my composure
Far from sober
Days grow colder
My skin withered and older
Philosophy of a soldier
Forsaken by his nation
Like the Ronin, I am nomadic
Part-time peddling of addictive tidbits to hip-hop addicts and fanatics
Poetry, that’s a part me
It runs through my veins from my arteries.
Words and thoughts dance in harmony,
Spilling over a page I engrave with a Pilot
Chiseling images of bloodbaths and riots
Staged coups by those who refuse to be used
Showdowns with tanks in Tiananmen Square
Revolution saturates the air; most are unprepared.
Suffocated with the status quo
But the average Joes
Have to know
The message behind the savage flow.
Springfield loaded
Every word quoted
Is a bullet screaming through the streets
Colliding with craniums
Is a black pearl intertwined with beats
And jam-packing stadiums

Journey through the jungle
As I blindly stumble
Towards the heart of darkness
A lumbering carcass
Body slain
Mind drained
Unrestrained pain engrained upon its plain terrain
Afraid to face the shame
Blaze the flame
Break the chains
And retake the reigns
Of my thoroughbred who refuses to obey a Mudblood

© 2007 Angad Bhai

No comments: